Okay so a few weeks back, Tom tagged me in a video of these on Facebook. I think it was from Tasty?, and it was his way of hinting that he wanted to me to make them (asap). Since then, I’ve made these delicious fritters a dozen times and they are really sooo good. They are simple and easy to do, go so well with various dishes and make a great substitute if you’re trying to go easy on the carb front. I’ve made them to go with salads, beef burgers and marinated chicken.
I put my own twist on them as we’re lovers of a bit of spice so if you fancy giving them a try, here’s my recipe.
- Grate 2 sweet potatoes, 2 carrots, 1 red onion and chop some spring onion and put into a large bowl
- Season using salt, pepper, garlic, smoked paprika and hot chilli powder
- Add 2 eggs and a bit of flour and mix well so it’s all combined and not too soggy (add more flour if necessary)
- Heat a frying pan and add some olive oil
- Spoon a tablespoon of the mixture to make some fritter and fry until golden brown and crispy
- Serve and enjoy!!